Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Grocery Store Traffic

Today was grocery shopping day. I started my trip at Ellwood Thompson's in Richmond. What a treat to go to a grocery store with organic foods. It had been way too long since I had been to that store. I love looking at all the baked goods and the wonderful selection of Gluten Free items. The variety of bulk items is fantastic. I know what I am purchasing will nurture my family's body. My children are sent to school with nutritious lunches that feed their body's and their minds.

Next my trip took me to Wal-Mart for toiletries and staples. What has this world come to? As I wondered through the grocery section looking for plastic bags, sponges, etc. I was stopped by the traffic spilling into the main isles. I was curious, what could possibly be so interesting down these other isles? They were packed with people. Can you guess what they were doing? They were buying HUGE quantities of JUNK food! I was appalled and disgusted.

This is the food that WE are living on daily. No wonder there are so many health issues. This is what we give our children and send them to school and expect them to learn. CRAZY!! When will this madness stop? Chips, cookies, crackers, candy and cakes is NOT another food group. Do you see what they all have in common? They all start with the letter C. Guess what else starts with the letter C...CANCER!

So the next time you go to the grocery story see if you can avoid going down the isles with all of the traffic.Instead buy extra fresh fruits and vegetables. Try a new fresh fruit or vegetable every week. After 3 trips to the grocery store avoiding the traffic, junk food isles you will be on your way to feeling better and better health. You and your family are worth it!

No comments: